Traditional VS Non Traditional
One thing I find most often that couples struggle with, is deciding whether or not to have a traditional or non traditional Wedding. Most couples want to appease family and friends so much that they forget its not those people’s WEDDING!!
If you don’t know what a TW consist of, then you probably haven’t been to a wedding LOL. So here ya go:
- Processional (Wedding Party, then Brides/Grooms)
- Wedding Officiant addresses guest and couple
- Exchange of Vows/Rings
- Announcement of Marriage
Then you have your reception which will include speeches, first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss, and finally dancing.
Non Traditional Wedding-NTW
There are so many ways to have a NTW, and there are so many that I like! Most have everything mentioned above and mix it up. The REBELS will smash all traditional and do something TOTALLY different. I personally like when couples mix up TW & NTW.
This is just going to be a sample of what I have seen. There is so many ways to have a wedding be YOU, and those elements may not be “traditional”.
- First Look ( I feel like this is becoming more traditional ) More than half my clients choose to do it.
- Unique Venues ( Golf Course and Church Weddings are slowly becoming a thing of the past!
- Unique invites
- Personal Vows
- Ditching heels and going for some kicks!
- Mixed Wedding Party ( Who says you only can have girls in the bridal party and dudes as groomsmen?) Now termed “WEDDING PARTY”
- No Cake ( Although this makes me sad, because I LOVE wedding cake, there are so many fun desserts to serve and you don’t need to cut anything! Just eat it!
Nick and Sierra opted for the NTW route because a traditional wedding that represented who they are. My favorite part was the PIE!!! #SORRYNOTSORRY
Photographer: Janae Marie Photography http://www.janaemariephotography.com
Tables and Chairs: Rustic Events https://www.rustic-events.com/